"VIS MEDICATRIX NATURAE"
All rights reserved

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Why I wasn't a good cop...



  During the 80's I was an instructor to the NBI (National Buro of Investigation) in Manila, it was to me to train the MM cops and teach them some disarming techniques and work on their condition. They were friendly to me, but they didn't like me....:-)   Hell no, I let them sweat and had them work their ass off, hehehehe. A few of them  had some martial arts talents though, they seemed to be members of the PAJA ( Phil. Amateur Judo Ass'n) already. But to be frankly, it wasn't a pleasure to practice in the NBI gym, there wasn't any airco, no windows and a mouldy fragrance of dirty feet around the dressing room and showers. Oh, their was fun as well and they liked my way of telling jokes in several dialects after a couple of San Miguel beers. I even became friends with a couple of them. After I changed the training location to Vito Cruz stadium I lost contact with most of them but two. They were great guys I kept in touch with for several years.

It must have been after wrapping the set and having a beer in Ermita when I walked in to one of the guys. He said he wanted to recruit me as a civilian officer..I would get a badge and become member of the 'Citizens Anti Crime Department', or CACD and would be allowed to carry a gun..!   The tourist belt was my fields, just had to keep my eyes open to see if tourists didn't get ripped off and stuff like that...
 
Then I got a mission.!
 I had to check in as a tourist in a hotel in Makati. My instructions were: to find out if a certain room boy was selling drugs to tourists in the hotel...
  I checked in and a roomboy (THE roomboy) showed me my room and I gave him a nice tip.  I said I wanted to have some fun that night and asked if he had some suggestions like locations and girls. He mentioned some bars in the neighbourhood I happened to know. Not the cheapest but OK for tourists...Next I asked him if there's was something more, next to alcohol, he could recommend.. He said there was a drug called Shabu, but not good for the health to use that....!
He said: "Sir, I have a friend, he is selling grass, very good stuff from the mountains. If you like I can get you some..."
I wanted to know if he was from the mountains. But he wasn't, he came from Cavite a province south of Manila he said..! And the barrio he mentioned wasn't too far from my place in Tanza at that time. We almost were neighbors.!!!

I looked at the kid and said:  "I'm not really a tourist, but I live here for quite some time already. If you are  a smartass you better stop promoting your friend's weed, cos they've got an eye on you. You're a suspect.. and I'm the one to find out about it.." ...

Imagine his face.

I told him to go to Holland to do this kinda work, it would be very much appreciated. 

Imagine his face..

I gave him 20 pesos and told him to take care.

Imagine his face...

My report:  "Not guilty"...
( Cannabis is not a drug )

Imagine my face.....






No comments: