"VIS MEDICATRIX NATURAE"
All rights reserved

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Koreans in the Netherlands 1.

It's only since a couple of months that I had a renewed contact with a guy I worked with in the past. One morning I found me an e-mail all the way from Korea, "If I could remember Don Gordon Bell" he asked. Yes, I did. We worked on several movies together in the 80's. A long time ago but a time never to forget. Don, an ex-Vietnam veteran had a nice record of movie making already. His high light, no doubt, was his input in Apocalypse Now, a classic among the Vietnam war movies, shot in the Philippines. Don was a well skilled martal arts practicioner, doing all kind of unsown Korean styles. Due to his experiences in 'the field of action' he was connected to this film as a military adviser, casting assistant and AD or assistant to the production. Besides that he played characters and loved to do stunts. Don had started a blog as well, (also in april, like me..) His main page is 'Korean War Baby, he writes about him being a half-breed ,(Korean mother and US father) , his adoption and his search for his natural mother. Therefor I'ld like to post something about the Dutch/Korean adoption numbers.

Read 2.

.

No comments: